PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - question for navy and raaf pilots
View Single Post
Old 10th May 2003, 03:04
weasil

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When I was going through the application process my recruiter gave me the phone number of the NAS in Nowra, and I called and talked to several pilots.

A few tried to tell me how much they hated their jobs after 18 yrs in the navy, but others loved it. A great way to get some inside information.

One thing the selecters look for is how bad doyou really want to do this. If they see that you're not one of the many people who apply and put no effort into the application then it really stands in your favor. Being able to tell them that you have talked to active pilots will help.

You can expect to be asked what your understanding is of what Navy/Raaf pilots do. If you can discuss flight operations with them from having talked to pilots this will also really help your application.

I was even lucky enough to spend a lunch with a navy pilot, and he described to me how fleet protection works as a helicopter pilot among other topics, and so I was able to discuss these things with recruiters... they loved it!