PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Feel the fear...and do it anyway?
View Single Post
Old 29th Jul 2014, 19:50
NorthernChappie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First time I met my instructor, he was hanging around the office and I thought he was a bit young to be having a flying lesson.

Anyway, when we got to first solo, he judged it just right and after landing from a dual circuit session, he said it was best to go straight back up having previously advised we were landing for a coffee break. He then said if I didn't mind, could he sit this one out. By the time I realised what he was up to, he was half way to the control tower, and yes, the engine was still running. They know what they are doing!

Oddly, after about the first three lessons, and although I flew commercially many times each month and loved it, sitting at the small pointy end was a bit confusing as things seemed to happen quite slowly. I almost thought it boring! I got over that fortunately!

So some time later, my first solo cross country plus first land away is scheduled for later this week, and all being well that CAA application will be on its way very shortly.

Give it a few more lessons, get some serious studying done so that you begin to really understand what is happening, get the medical sorted, and get on to those exams.

It is addictive.