PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is there anyone with a FAA CFII in Europe that can help me get current?
Old 29th Jul 2014, 10:50
Caliastros

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't think it is possible for me to do it in a fixed wing, but I've sent a couple of e-mails to see what can be done. The main problem is that I've let the currency lapse beyond 12cm.

the Regs for Instrument Proficiency check are:

d) Instrument proficiency check. Except as provided in paragraph (e) of this section, a person who has failed to meet the instrument experience requirements of paragraph (c) for more than six calendar months may reestablish instrument currency only by completing an instrument proficiency check. The instrument proficiency check must consist of the areas of operation and instrument tasks required in the instrument rating practical test standards.

(1) The instrument proficiency check must be—

(i) In an aircraft that is appropriate to the aircraft category;

(ii) For other than a glider, in a flight simulator or flight training device that is representative of the aircraft category; or

(iii) For a glider, in a single-engine airplane or a glider.

(2) The instrument proficiency check must be given by—

(i) An examiner;

(ii) A person authorized by the U.S. Armed Forces to conduct instrument flight tests, provided the person being tested is a member of the U.S. Armed Forces;

(iii) A company check pilot who is authorized to conduct instrument flight tests under part 121, 125, or 135 of this chapter or subpart K of part 91 of this chapter, and provided that both the check pilot and the pilot being tested are employees of that operator or fractional ownership program manager, as applicable;

(iv) An authorized instructor; or

(v) A person approved by the Administrator to conduct instrument practical tests.
If I were to interpret this, I's say I have to do it in a helicopter, or a helicopter training device.

This turned out to be a lot harder than I expected.