PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FAA CPL Multi/IR CFI/II - What's next
View Single Post
Old 20th Mar 2002, 21:32
stevegg5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow i didn't expect this response as quickly.. .Thank's everyone.. .Hi Richard, you probably don't remember but i got my IR at NAC with Beth... .. .The situation with the J1 now is no extensions, and your right you used to be able to do that, my mate who came over on a J1 10 years ago did that at the time, he then married an American, but that's another story.. .I've been there, done that and don't want a second T-shirt for now.. .I'm also aware of the 2 year rule. There's a tick box on the back of my visa pink slip which isn't ticked, so i think i'm OK. . .I think it mainly applies if it Government sponsered students.. .Strangely enough i went out yesterday and bought the ATP prepware to start studying for the ATP written, Spoooky ah..... .I'm around 200 short of the ATP cross country requirements so i'll shoot for that.. .The other thing i have considered is going to Ari Ben in FL to get there deal on 100 multi hours.. .Do you think that will make the difference?. .Or should i save my money for a type rating?