PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Senate Inquiry
View Single Post
Old 29th Jul 2014, 02:59
Kharon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First principals Clarisse.

When Lefty sets up a derailment, the first thing to do is ignore it; the second and most important is to work out why. This leaves us with two less pages of heroic tattoo's (no pictures - please), wild artwork (yes - but is it art?) and keeps us on topic (Click). The topic, before 'trouble at t' mill' kicked off, was the notion of the RAeS embracing safety culture and having the author of that Senate favourite. "the" Chambers report paraded as the doyen of all safety issues. We have previously discussed the Pel Air 8 day recovery wonder, the CAIR report and the other serious anomalies which the Pel Air inquiry threw up.

It is of course up to the RAeS who they ask to speak; how the society chooses to sully it's reputation is entirely their business. I simply reserve my right to decline an invitation and as insignificant as my absence may be it is preferable. Rather than embarrassing the society with raucous, noisy crowd scenes; much as they are great fun. No, if you feel you must protest make it a silent one, don't dignify this charade by attending. No doubt, in due course a transcript will turn up and we can have a little look at that; just for fun.

Ziggy – good on you; but as brother Creampuff says the odds are slim, but hope springs eternal. If we can keep the Senators respect and interest and if Truss delivers on the election promises, there is a chance things may change for the better. Hang in there – smile whenever you can; shame to waste such a lovely thing.

As an aside. There are three traditional methods for hunting rabbits, the first is aback a horse using a the stirrup and swatting the little buggers with the iron, a polo swing - this whilst potentially lethal to rider is bloody good sport. Another is the shotgun and lamp method, which is wet, cold, dreary, expensive, time consuming and, in the wrong company potentially lethal. The oldest method is the poachers line trap, set and forget; soon or late your dinner will arrive; cheap effective and no patience required; for the well set rabbit trap is the most patient of all.

But - Jorrocks had the right of it -

I am a sportsman all over, and to the back-bone - 'Untin is all that's worth living for – all time is lost wot is not spent in 'unting – it is like the hair we breathe – if we have it not we die – it's the sport of kings, the image of war without its guilt, and only five-and-twenty per cent of its danger.
Toot toot..

Last edited by Kharon; 29th Jul 2014 at 03:33.