PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - USA Flight schools
View Single Post
Old 29th Jul 2014, 00:15
morley846

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't know anything about Flight Safety Academy but Vero Beach is pretty close to Miami so that's a plus!

I went to ATP Flight School in Daytona Beach and loved it. People complain that it's a pilot factory but i think if you are serious in doing this as a career and as quickly as possible then they give you what you want. The people that didn't like it wanted to be spoon-fed as well as party all the time rather than study. If you are disciplined then it's great. (That doesn't mean that I didn't party)

Their International Program is here:
ATP Flight School: International Airline Career Pilot Program<</title>

Again though, gaining an FAA license and going back to Europe to convert it is a lot of money and work.

I finished in 7 months and made some very good friends both Internationals and from the US. Daytona is great for training in busy airspace (Class C) and the weather is good. Spring Break was ok and then you also have NASCAR and Bike week which are fun.

The town like any small place can get a bit boring with only a few nightclubs but at the end of the day you want to be in and out as quickly as possible.

The training itself is pretty well paced, instructors are helpful, knowledgeable and they will give up their time to help you as long as you are working hard. Fleet is very good and the best thing that no other school I know offers is the 60 hours cross-country time. I flew from Daytona to Chicago stopping in all the states in between twice.

Another school which offers a slower course (where most people who didn't like the pace of ATP went to) is Phoenix East Aviation. Not knocking them they seem to have a good course but their students are there for a lot longer.

That's all the info I have