PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Feel the fear...and do it anyway?
View Single Post
Old 28th Jul 2014, 20:24
thing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stick at it Amber, there aren't enough woman pilots (God knows why, I thought multitasking was a feminine speciality) so we need more!

I don't get nervous anymore but I still see it as a challenge and I still get a buzz out of it. What would be the point of doing it otherwise? Take it in very small steps. Straight and level, nail that and then turns, nail that and so on. It's not a competition, it doesn't matter if you are slow at some bits and good at others. My own bete noir was ATC. When I was a stude I found the flying bits fairly easy but I couldn't make head nor tail of what ATC were saying to me. Then one day it just clicked and I found I could do it.

As has been said earlier on, when you first drove a car you probably found it difficult, flying is just the same; except once you can fly you will find it immensely more interesting than driving. Flying is without a doubt the most rewarding thing I've ever done. It's not just about having the money to do it, it's about having the fire to want to fly. You will see and do things that very few other people see or do, it's an immense privilege to be a pilot. Good luck and stick at it!