PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Reputable flying schools NW UK
View Single Post
Old 28th Jul 2014, 15:13
jethrolx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would REALLY love to know what the hell age has to do with my original post. Aviation is no different to any other industry in that there is an over subscription of candidates for the better jobs. Ask any graduate what their career prospects are like in the UK at the moment...
If you mean to say that at 35 I won't be picked up by BA or some other legacy airline for a fully ticketed training program, I'd fancy you might be right. But if you think at 35 I am too old to be picked up by an airline for which I will have to pay for my own training, I'd say that is a fairly ignorant and misinformed opinion. I have a friend who was 5 years older than I am now who was employed and has been happily flying dash 8's on good t's and c's for 2 years.

The bitter vitriol I was given had nothing to do with my age, just someone elses jaded view on an industry that is no longer what it once was. But in the real world NO industry is what it used to be. There was once a time when most industries had cadetship program's to see people gain tertiary qualification while they worked, they barely exist anymore yet we still expect airlines to cough up (it would be nice!)