PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Senate Inquiry
View Single Post
Old 28th Jul 2014, 14:34
Ziggychick

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Truth be known...

Reasoning. What's yours? Going to action? Plausible arguments?

Here's mine.

For those that read this and belong to the scrum that I refer to, lower your head in shame as you read. And FYI, I can not be discredited, try as they might.

My stomach churns everyday. The absence of Justice, Fairness and Learning is the vigorous stir that gives me the strength to continue contributing to this matter.
Near five years. Five operations, psych admissions, meds, PTSD and the list goes on. Most profound is the loss of time with my children as they were 12,14 and 16 at the time of the ditching. I have been a single mother for 12 years. Worked three jobs, studied to achieve my dream job and I was physically abled, mentally stable and was happy.
I now wake each day, greeted with endless pain. Excruciating if I do too much. From an International Intensive Care Aeromedical Nurse, Medical Educator and RTO Project Manager, to a limited radius of around 30km now. Super, I know.
Swiftly stolen. As time has passed, I have accepted the disability, manage the pain, know I will never have the physical freedom nor forget in my mind Nov 18. Daily triggers. Breath. Re-Focus. The incident itself has been difficult enough to live with. Add the soap opera. Not pleasant to live through this.
I can not watch my television or listen to the radio at the moment as it provokes flashbacks, insomnia and nightmares. So be it. I have to ride this wave the best I can. Which ever way it leads me.
Emergence of the need to walk my talk is validated I believe.

Did the operator fail? Did the regulator fail? Did the Investigators fail? Did my Government fail me? A few boxes ticked there perhaps?
We have been treated unfairly, as too with others that have voiced.

I was given a medallion from the "Survivors Network of Aeromedical Crashes" from the US. Books, a visit from another survivor from Canada and support.
Nada from my Gov. Just drawn out, unnecessary head butting. Insulting to say the least. Especially when the truth is known.

Good enough reason now to ask such questions as the truth is bubbling to the surface.

My will is good. I ask the same of others with the pure intent of Safety to understand my reason.

I owe thanks to many people for their insight and understanding that has been relayed to me.

"I fell apart, but got back up again"..."to battle is the only way we feel" Jared Leto.

Sums up this time/chapter of my life.