PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Feel the fear...and do it anyway?
View Single Post
Old 28th Jul 2014, 13:21
Jan Olieslagers

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Amber1,

The day when you leave home in the best of spirits though perhaps still with a little mist in your head, arrive at the airfield with all clear and whistling a merry tune, get the plane out of the hangar while sweetly remembering how nice your lover was last night, do the pre-flight dreaming of the dinner you'll be having tonight, taxi and take off while still whistling that merry tune - in short, on the day that you do not feel the slightest anxiety, that day you will have become a dangerous pilot.

Anxiety, unrest, even downright fear are great life-savers, for ourselves and for our fellow pilots. These senses are to be valued, even cherished. It just takes a bit of time to come to terms with them, and of course YOU should be on top all the while.

BTW there was no need to "confess" to your sex, I am sure the same kind of feelings and doubts are known to all of us. Only, not everybody can speak of them as lightly.

and PS I am proud to serve as a counterexample to Mary's statement: I am male, and not overconfident at all! You can ask my instructors for confirmation!