PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CASA, good luck controlling this!
View Single Post
Old 28th Jul 2014, 12:08
Fliegenmong

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
"If I am sliding down the ILS at night it is a completely different matter"

Not at Cooly you won't ....

101 8.2 -

8.2 Finding Model Flying Sites for Model Aircraft
8.2.1 The operator of a model aircraft weighing over 100 grams is required to obtain
permission before flying a model above 400 ft AGL within controlled airspace or within 3
nautical miles of an aerodrome. While this rule means that a model aircraft may be flown
above 400 ft AGL clear of these areas, there are advantages in seeking approval for a
permanent model aircraft operating area. Publication of the details of a model aircraft
operating area means that other users of airspace will be advised where there is potential
for conflict with model aircraft.

8.2.1 The operator of a model aircraft weighing over 100 grams is required to obtain
permission before flying a model above 400 ft AGL within controlled airspace or within 3
nautical miles of an aerodrome. While this rule means that a model aircraft may be flown
above 400 ft AGL clear of these areas

No Law broken then.....OCTA, and greater than 3 nm from OOL ....

So, here we have a holidaymaker, doing some great video in QLD, seemingly oblivious to our regulations, taking a drone way up high, in an area where VFR often transit at 500 to 1000 feet. Awesome.

Perhaps even more conversant with our regulations than you thunder 5?

As a resident of this fine town I regularly observe VFR traffic transiting here......never ever ever as close to these buildings as that drone guy in the video, and I most certainly hope none ever do!!

Last edited by Fliegenmong; 28th Jul 2014 at 12:26.