PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Who will be looking after my kids?
View Single Post
Old 28th Jul 2014, 10:47
Piltdown Man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm obviously hopelessly out of touch with the real world. The reason for my question was exactly as I wrote it, who is responsible for my children if we get spilt up? I think it reasonable that I should be responsible, but I cannot perform that task if a third party's policies, in this case an airline, mean that my children are allocated seats in such a location I am not able to look after them. I wasn't trying to blag seats for free, but merely asked a question. Furthermore, I have little faith in those who run airlines. Their rapacious attitude to their customers appears to have no bounds and I do not trust them not to make money out if deliberately seating children away from their parents.

But I have to say we were treated well by TCX on our flight out of NCL. The minimum time between check-in and flight was reasonable at one hour. The check-in itself was slick, the time between the call to the gate and boarding was short and the boarding well managed. The capacity of the overhead lockers helped with this process. When sat together in our allocated seats. It appeared that there were a few individuals sat all over the plane and a three groups who were unable to sit either together or in close proximity. So overall, I would describe our first experience of TCX as pretty good.

However, I'm glad I didn't pay for window or aisle seats. 48 hours prior to departure "window seat" might not have a window. It appears that over the wing not every row seat has a window. I'm also not a fan of aisle seats. There were too many comings and goings to make this space available for your legs.

There we are. One more flight to do this year, then I'm done.