PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Red Arrows: Inside the Bubble
View Single Post
Old 28th Jul 2014, 10:27
WH904

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
she told me she loved it

I think that's the fundamental problem with programmes of this nature. The production motivation is to ensure that the viewer enjoys the programme. But perceived enjoyment is now created at the expense of information. The programme makers are terrified of doing anything that isn't guaranteed to capture the interest of people with the attention span of a goldfish and the intelligence of a dog. It's an insult to the viewing public to portray all viewers as being stupid.

I agree that we shouldn't lose sight of the fact that we actually got a documentary on RAFAT onto the TV - that in itself is an achievement. But it is disappointing that yet another opportunity has been wasted. The Beeb had the most fascinating, exciting and photogenic subject at their disposal and the results were predictably dull.

Clockwork, no I'm not a journalist although I don't know what my occupation has to do with any of this?

Melmothtw I take your point but I honestly don't think that's true. You only have to watch the audience at an air show to see what happens. The broader public haven't got a clue. It's quite comical how the Team Manager now invites the spectators to wave as the formation goes by - and they actually do. Think that speaks volumes for how clueless most spectators are. I doubt if they'll be any more informed after last night