PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Red Arrows: Inside the Bubble
View Single Post
Old 28th Jul 2014, 06:24
Al R

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Very good and without the usual semi-mocking 'plinky-plonk' music you usually get in modern documentaries. Some really great photography and editing, made it very clear that it is all about teamwork.
Oh, I dunno - I thought I caught one or two bursts of that bloody BBC oboe and some whimsical, ironic string plucking.. why do they overlay everything with it - it's like chickweed these days, the televisual audio equivalent of a Quentin Willson permanently raised sardonic eyebrow. I thought that Red 8s twirly bits around the box was visually very striking, especially in the turn.

If you dissected how RAFAT flies compared to other teams, what is the difference, why is RAFAT deemed to be the benchmark that others aspire to? I'm sure that other pilots are just as technically on the ball but if you looked objectively at a performance from RAFAT, what makes it different to say, the Thunderbirds? Do teams have different approaches to what they are trying to deliver, ie technical prowess or 'just' something visually amazing but not technically all that demanding?