PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tile mystery
Thread: Tile mystery
View Single Post
Old 28th Jul 2014, 06:23
aspac

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tile mystery

Good morning,
I seem to surface only when I have a problem - or perhaps that's the way things should be.

Anyway, I hope someone - or perhaps more than one person - can help with my current headache.

I have Windows Vista on my laptop. For work-related reasons I need to keep photos in Documents.

All was fine until a restart a few weeks ago.Then, instead of seeing small versions of the photos as before, I saw tiles with Photoshop Elements and, later, Picasa logos.

I uninstalled and reinstalled both - but there was no difference. Shutting down didn't help.

What this means is that I have to pick an icon at random and click on it see the photo - and repeat this until I find the one I want. The same is true of any CD I insert - icons instead of small versions of the photo.

Thinking that something that should be ticked was inadvertently unticked, I went to View in Documents. The options: File, Edit, View, Tools, Help. None - not even Tools - enabled me to see the photos. Below View was Views with options including Large Icons, Small Icons, etc. Once again, no luck. I was looking for something called Settings which may have contained to be ticked.

Can anyone suggest how I can restore the little photos in Documents (which should then also be restored on CDs)? It's probably - I hope - something very simple that I've neglected to do - or not even considered.

Many thanks,

aspac