PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Question for American EK pilots
View Single Post
Old 28th Jul 2014, 04:53
gl69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Junior Man

As a pilot who has worked at a US legecy and at EK there really is not a comparison between the two. Any of the Big 4 airlines is leaps and bounds better than Emirates in every capacity and catergory.
I don't know what airline you worked at but my former airline has over 4000 pilots retiring in the next 10 years. If you join now you will be a widebody captain in less than 15 years and a narrowbody captain sooner than that.
Just because you got hired at the wrong time does not mean everyone else will have the same career as you did.
Plus why do you think Emirates is such a good airline to work for? When you factor in everything Emirates is no better than a commuter airline back home to work for. My hourly wage at EK is the same as a 737 FO back home.
If you are at Emirates and have the right to work in the US do not delay in trying to get back home. You have to get back as soon as you can.
Dubai is going down hill, Emirates is definitely going down hill, and if you are on the Boeing the 777 is going down hill as well. Why stay at Emirates?
If you are on the 330 I have no idea why you are still here.