PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - APNG Issues?
Thread: APNG Issues?
View Single Post
Old 28th Jul 2014, 03:22
Che cows with guns

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have to tend to agree with you Cactus. The problem is the management get paid quite handsomely but really achieve diddly squat. None of the managers really care about the company, particularly the ones you have alluded to. No one really wants to work there. If a better job paying more came along they would be gone in a flash, wouldn't we all? Having said that there are a couple of really talented people working at APNG but they are dragged down by the incompetence of many. Cryptic clue as to one of the best managers-look down into the well see the ground. He is at least much smarter than his roomy at the Airways that is for sure.

I think that a big announcement is due soon. PX are re-structuring and I believe going to adopt a low cost model for the domestic operations. All to be announced to coincide with independence day September 16. Are APNG going to be part of this? Hence the trading holt. If it does happen I doubt that PX would retain many of the current APNG management, if any.
Maybe APNG will try to battle on; on their own, which to me would be financial suicide.

But it does look as though they are back in favour with Newcrest, announcing they will be using APNG on the Pom Lihir run as of October, flicking PX. Heavylift to operate the Cairns Lihir return run as of October.
CHEers

Last edited by Che cows with guns; 28th Jul 2014 at 10:33.