PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is there anyone with a FAA CFII in Europe that can help me get current?
Old 28th Jul 2014, 00:29
Transsonic2000

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm a FAA CFII myself, I've received a couple of inquiries regarding flight review and IFR proficiency checks in the past, but unfortunately had to turn them down due to lack of access to N-reg aircraft, difficult to find a charter for a reasonable price (at least in the area where I'm currently living). On the other hand I'm pretty busy and hardly have time for arrangements.

But as a CFI I don't want to let you go without providing any useful information, please check out the following link (it's a US flying club in Germany and they provide Flight reviews and IFR checks):

Services

Hope I could help and always fly safe!

PS. just read that you are a rotor-wing and thought that you might could do it in an airplane, so I checked the regs (PART 61.57) and it basically says that the IFR proficiency check shall be conducted in the appropriate category of aircraft:

(1) Use of an airplane, powered-lift, helicopter, or airship for maintaining instrument experience. Within the 6 calendar months preceding the month of the flight, that person performed and logged at least the following tasks and iterations in an airplane, powered-lift, helicopter, or airship, as appropriate, for the instrument rating privileges to be maintained in actual weather conditions, or under simulated conditions using a view-limiting device that involves having performed the following—
(i) Six instrument approaches.
(ii) Holding procedures and tasks.
(iii) Intercepting and tracking courses through the use of navigational electronic systems.

(2) Use of a flight simulator or flight training device for maintaining instrument experience. Within the 6 calendar months preceding the month of the flight, that person performed and logged at least the following tasks and iterations in a flight simulator or flight training device, provided the flight simulator or flight training device represents the category of aircraft for the instrument rating privileges to be maintained and involves having performed the following—
(i) Six instrument approaches.
(ii) Holding procedures and tasks.
(iii) Intercepting and tracking courses through the use of navigational electronic systems.
Source: http://www.ecfr.gov/cgi-bin/text-idx....1.36&rgn=div8

Last edited by Transsonic2000; 28th Jul 2014 at 01:14.