PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CBT not working as expected? Read this.
View Single Post
Old 27th Jul 2014, 21:49
mixture

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mad_jock,

Hmm..

mad_jock, you are just being controversial and argumentative for the sake of it.

How much is a CBT CD going to set them back ? Doubt it will be more than £500 as a worst case figure (infact I seem to recall it being about 400USD as I paid for a B777 one from an approved US supplier that came on a USB stick along with updates and support for 12/24 months for someone a while back as part of my contribution towards their training costs ... so not even anywhere near £500) .... how much are they putting up for their training these days ? £60,000 or something ?

However you want to put it, the CBT is a small drop in the ocean (less than 0.5% of their total training costs) ... and quite frankly it is an important investment !

If the TRTO has a package they are licensed to allow the trainee to use, then (a) that should be up to date and (b) they should have access to support resources from the developer... so your banging on about XP being the right thing to do is utter bull in that scenario.... all they need to do is ring the helpdesk.

As I said, I don't give a toss for people who infringe copyright .... it costs money to develop and maintain these training resources, so show the rights owners some damn respect ! To paraphrase you ... you obviously don't have a clue about software development !

Last edited by mixture; 27th Jul 2014 at 22:01.