PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Senate Inquiry
View Single Post
Old 27th Jul 2014, 19:14
Kharon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
From the new ideas department.

W8 - Here you go – Register and you can even meet the author, get a copy signed in the hallowed halls and even mingle with elevated, qualified company.

The Sydney branch of the Royal Aeronautical Society advises that Wednesday 30th July is its next event, entitled ‘Aviation Safety Evening’, will be held at the University of Sydney. The evening will commence at 1730 with a presentation by Roger Chambers, Manager Sydney Region, Operations Division, CASA, followed at 1830 hours by a Panel Discussion entitled “Contemporary Aviation Safety Issues”. Registration is required for this key event. Please register here.
Extract:
Roger Chambers will be presenting a seminar about team factors, the opportunities to harness those factors to improve safety within the an organisation through the Safety Management System, and the hazards that can manifest within and between teams that history shows can lead to incidents and accidents. Roger will also provide an update about safety promotion material that has been developed by CASA in the past 18 months that is now available for industry. CASA Safety Promotion staff will be on hand to provide safety materials to participants.
To get some background on the speaker have a little read of the 'Chambers report' and you will see, clearly, why riff-raff like Mal Christie and Ben Cook are never invited to speak on safety matters to the cream of aviation society. You see, they have too many real qualifications on the subject matter, have written their own, original works to attain their qualifications and apart from occasionally advising ICAO and Australia's Air Force, actually do work at the leading edge of aviation safety. With those meagre qualifications they may only sit in the audience, all agog, listening in wonder to an insightful, original lecture being delivered, selflessly by a true expert in aviation safety. It should be the highlight of an enlightening evening....

At one time, until quite recently actually, I held the Royal Aeronautical Society in high regard and valued my shortly to be resigned membership. Epiphany - I worked it out - I can watch the shopping channel – at no cost – when I am seized with a sudden, irresistible urge to listen to snake oil salesmen and I don't even have to leave home on a cool winters evening to do so. This leaves me free time to pursue selling the Harbour bridge on E-bay. Magic.

“There is nothing more deceptive than an obvious fact.” Connan Doyle.