PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pooleys Air Pilot's Manual New Edition Books
Old 27th Jul 2014, 14:15
speedbird_97

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pooleys Air Pilot's Manual New Edition Books

Dear Instructors/Students/Experienced Airmen,

I am currently training for my PPL at London Biggin Hill Airport (EGKB). I'm on circuits at the moment and nearing my first solo! Before soloing, I must have passed my Aviation Law exam and obtain a Class 2 CAA Medical Certificate. The reason why I am writing this post today is because of a minor problem I have encountered.

The book I am revising from for my Aviation Law exam is the Pooleys Air Pilot's Manual: Aviation Law and Meteorology (Eleventh revised edition 2013). I was checking my email the other day when I received an email from Pooleys stating that they have published a new edition of the Air Pilot's Manual (Twelfth revised edition 2014). Having spent a lot of money buying books to aid me in revision, I am in despair!

I therefore phoned the Pooleys Company based at Shoreham Airport and asked them whether I have to buy the new edition books. The chap on the other end of the line seemed quite confused and reserved, so told me to ask my instructor. I then sent a text message to my instructor and asked him whether I should carry on revising from the previous edition book I have at the moment or if I should buy the new edition book. My instructor said that the changes in the new edition would probably be minimal, but to be safe, told me to make a post on this website.

The question I would like to ask is: Do I revise from the book I have at the moment or do I buy the new book?

To make your lives easier, this is what it states on the book I have at the moment (Eleventh Revised edition 2013):

Pooleys Air Pilot's Manual: Aviation Law and Meteorology 'CAA Recommended, JAR-FCL Syllabus Compliant, EASA Part-FCL Syllabus Compliant, National PPL Syllabus Compliant, Includes Question & Answer Section'

And this is what it states on the new edition book (Twelfth Revised edition 2014):

CAA Recommended, EASA Part-FCL Syllabus Compliant, LAPL Syllabus Compliant, National PPL Syllabus Compliant, Includes Question and Answer section.

I would be much obliged if you could answer my question.

I wouldn't mind buying the new edition as it's only £23.00. It's just the fact that I could fund that money towards my flying lesson or instructor fees!