PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways
Thread: British Airways
View Single Post
Old 27th Jul 2014, 12:05
vectisman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In another forum it was suggested that in addition to new routes for Winter 2014/2015 and Summer 2015 already announced (At least 9 I believe) that Funchal announcement is also imminent. Can anyone confirm that this rumour could be a possibility? I am a little surprised that Las Palmas and Palma are still missing but maybe they are already too well served by others. Also with improving economy I wonder if Tunis may return. Guess it depends on situation within that country.

On the long haul front also picking up rumours about some additional long haul shift to Gatwick, nothing major. I expect that will only be possible as new long haul aircraft are delivered to Gatwick freeing up more 777s and allowing disposal of remaining Long Haul 767s.
Maybe some shift similar to split operation of Las Vegas to encourage more leisure long haul to go from Gatwick. Although also talk of Bangkok moving for some reason, although with limited feed I cannot see that happening.

I remember Willie Wash saying at the last BA Capital day that did they bid for the BE slots but couldn't persuade Flybe to hold them until 2015 as BA didn't require them until then. So they withdrew. He later said they could probably carry through their LGW plans without them. Just mention this as with plans for 2015 obviously being considered it is interesting that there are so many rumours about. I know rumours are just that but in some of them there may be sparks of truth.

My final question!! Does anyone know when remaining 737s are leaving? Six have gone already. First leased A320 arrives October /November after refit. Any information gratefully received.

As always any comments or opinions warmly welcomed.