PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's New In W. Africa (Nigeria)
View Single Post
Old 27th Jul 2014, 11:50
MamaPut

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

I'm rather out of touch with what's happening in Bristow and PAAN. I heard that Eric Adevokhai is the new deputy Head of Flight Ops, but who's replacing Dave Dwyer? I heard that Mike - the axe - Imlach has been visiting after being promoted to Senior VP Operations for Bristow, so who has he wielded his axe on so far? He was pretty much universally hated during his time as the damaging director there . Has anyone taken over the training manager job now that Adinba has left for Chevron? What's happening at Agip? I heard one base manager resigned and the other stood down.
I hear that there have been quite a lot of upsets in PAAN also with base managers resigning. What's going on there to upset people? Have they also got a new managing director?
It's also rumoured that the Director of Flight Operations of Caverton has resigned (or more likely fired).
What's happening with Aero RW? There were rumours that Nestoil were interested in buying them for their AOC. If the NNPC aircraft really are being sold that will leave them with almost nothing, but I can't believe they'll disappear from the scene. Having said that, I think of the demise of Okada airlines all those years ago and that was never resurrected. Maybe the Ibru family is not interested in keeping the helicopters or their reported family squabbles and the 60% holding by AMCON is forcing them to review their finances. I'm sure that the old Warri airstrip will still be of interest to other helicopter operators as it's a good fuelling stop and Osubi is ridiculously expensive.