PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SilkAir releases 8 expatriate pilots
View Single Post
Old 9th May 2003, 20:35
Thermal Image

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What talking you lah?

OZZY AIRBORNE

>>A couple of questions for "thermal image".
>>1. Are you seriously suggesting that the Singapore cabinet >>make decisions on redundancy and day to day discipline in >>SIA? I suggest that these decisions will be made much lower >>down the food chain.
>>2. With your intimate knowledge of the airline, why do you list >>your location as Beijing

Q1: See posting from GKhan 5th May 2003 23:24 and posting from me 6th May 2003 02:50.

Then please show me where I am suggesting that "the Singapore cabinet make decisions on redundancy and day to day discipline in SIA" .

My post of 6th May 2003 02:50 was to show:
a. how likely / unlikely it was that local crew who were candidates for "early retirement" were also contemporaries of ministers and
b. even if so, how likely / unlikely they would be spared simply because they were contemporaries of said ministers.

May I summarise it in one sentence: said ministers are likely to be NOT INTERESTED even if their SQ contemporaries are laid off. Now do you get it? Maybe you are one of those insecure types who make bizzare interpretions of innocent remarks and turn them into personal attacks.

Remember how we have a sensitive colleague who sued his fellow club member for defamation when at a club dinner that person remarked and raised his glass to him saying: "enjoy your free food". This colleague felt that this toast / roast was a suggestion that he was too cheap to pay for his own food. Of course he lost the lawsuit. This action was reported in The Straits Times, and like I said, if it is in The Straits Times, it must be true.

Q2: Is it relevant why I list my location as Beijing? May I refer to your claim: "After several years of reading pprune,...".

Have you not seen what some of the members state as their "locations"? Is it meant to be taken seriously? Although GKhan and I may disagree, we don't take our disagreements to heart. If you are able to comprehend my posts, you will note that I don't even take myself seriously. Perhaps you have a different sense of humour. Therefore, why is it relevant at all why I state Beijing as my location, in connection with my "intimate knowledge of the airline"?

About your remark: "Maybe they should look for a job in police profiling, because that kind of jumping to conclusion and misplaced sarcasm has no place on the flight deck."

Are you yourself not already "jumping to conclusion" with your "misplaced sarcasm"? There is at least one ex-cop in SQ tech crew, I think he'd be most offended by your trivialisation of profiling.

And (knock-knock) have you noticed, this is a forum, not a flight deck?

Just because you think that LEE and thegypsy "jump to conclusion" and spew "misplaced sarcasm" here, what makes you so sure they must also be like that on the flight deck? Are you not making "sweeping judgements on character" yourself?

Do you even know any of us? Do you know how the Internet / Internet forum works? Must we be the self same individuals here and also in real life? If you are so serious, use your real name and staff number!

It does look like you have weak comprehension skills. Look for who I refer to as "old fart". If you can't find it in my post of 5th May 2003 07:27, then here it is: "those at the top of their payscales, being ordinary line captains, grumpy and troublesome".

By your saying: "As for the subject of "old farts" you have to ask yourself how did they get to be old farts, and the answer is by keeping a clean sheet over several years of safe flying", I think you must be referring to other senior, respectable, pleasant and meritorious colleagues. Obviously we aren't talking about the same old farts here. Again, if such worthy colleagues got to hear about how YOU refer to them, they'd be rather unimpressed.

"There is no substitute for experience whatever the "young guns" may think."

Ooo, where did that come from? I did not make any comments about their experience. How is your remark relevant? Your remark suggests that "young guns" have no respect. Are you a little (or a lot) insecure with how "young guns" see you?