PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Taildragger 12
Thread: Taildragger 12
View Single Post
Old 9th May 2003, 20:25
OzExpat

PPRuNeaholic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow

Picture, if you will, 2 F28s wingtip to wingtip on finals to 14L & R at 330kts/2500'/10DME...each waiting for t'other to pull speed brake first...it ended in a foot race to the crew room
I'm certain that this happened more than once but I only saw it the once and I p!ssed meself laughing. I was a tad too far away to identify the crews involved but clearly recall one of the crews as being a particularly long, lean streak of weasel p!ss...

Chuck is right, the really stupendous times here are a fact of ancient history now. It is still possible to have a good time, even a great time, on occasions. But the fact is that we're all doing it a lot tougher these days.

Today, the Pos Gurua reported that, on their way from Lae to Nadzab early yesterday morning, the Airlink bus was held up. Among the "loot" was the headsets used by each of the two pilots aboard the bus, plus their nav bags! Those who have been in PNG and know the rules of the PPRuNe establishment will understand why I must refrain from giving my own commentary on that.

But, hey, right now I'm up to the gills in saki and feelin nooooo pain at all. Life goes on...