PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CORK - 5
Thread: CORK - 5
View Single Post
Old 26th Jul 2014, 21:44
Tom the Tenor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
And is that all that matters at Cork to the people whom are employed there - money? How many of them give a damn about the airport other than what arrives in their bank account of a Friday?

There have been some excellent posts on here about Cork in the last day or two and from a consciousness raising point of view it is important and, yes, this is an aviation forum, but it all needs to be uttered again and again on other forms of mediallike other social media, newspapers, radio, TV - not just on here.

You know, when you stop and think about it, it has been unbelievable what the present government has done to Cork by giving snn their so called independence essentially in order to screw Cork and to screw Knock and we have our friend above worrying about staff terms and conditions.

The Aer Rianta/DAA/CAA staff have sucked hard on the other tit of state for nearly two generations and they were only ever out for number one and many cared little about the airport. Whatever I may say about the parties at snn at least they were unrelenting in their support for their airport.

Nearly two generations at Cork Airport and the place is in a worse state than ever before and as for the Cork based TDs of Government and Opposition parties - they have all most equally served Cork Airport so appallingly it is just so unbelievable it is beyond credulity.

I hope Cork's new Marketing Manager, Ms Gackowska, knows exactly what she is now dealing with at Cork Airport and it is much more of a basic task than she may realise - doing potential deals with airlines comes down the line, first task might be something like the airport independently securing a High Loader for ad hoc freight flights and a set of steps that can reach a widebody. Nearly twenty years Cork could handle Aer Lingus 747s on Lourdes flights and now in 2014 the airport cannot. Can you believe it! What a farce!

And, it has come to my attention just in the last few days that there may be another unbelievable limiting factor at Cork but for now investigations are in hand.