PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Did Qantas flight plan over Ukraine?
View Single Post
Old 25th Jul 2014, 22:29
Keg

Nunc est bibendum

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts
Lightbulb

So there was no conscious effort to avoid the Ukraine. Merely a coincidence that the DXBLHR route is south of the region?
I'm not sure you can make that allegation from my comments. An assertion like that is easy to make but difficult to prove. I'd like to think that the route was black listed but the reality is that I don't know. Being a domestic pilot (mostly) that shouldn't be a huge surprise as it's simply not on my radar. (It will be in a few months though).

In PR as in politics, the axiom of never letting a crisis go to waste holds true. In this respect it should be no surprise to see a media release worded in such a way as to both provide information (we don't and haven't flown over the area) and also reinforce the 'brand values' (implying it was a conscious decision). If you're taking offence at that then you're going to take offence at virtually every marketing campaign under the sun. If you're alleging impropriety then again you're going to be agro with virtually every company that does 'brand' marketing.