PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Senate Inquiry
View Single Post
Old 25th Jul 2014, 21:41
Kharon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
More bounce for your Buck.

The MoP thing is a fascinating puzzle, but I'm not convinced Fawcett could raise the issues – directly – I expect the proper form was followed; Heff and Sterle are 'joint' chairs. That only leaves the independent NX, perhaps he has different matters for consideration, dunno. Either way – it's got some pretty wise heads being scratched. All kinds of bets on – from Pot plants to A380 ratings. Information is hard to nail down, and even the traditional offers of bags of sweets or nights with nubile sisters are having no effect. Curse it...

Jinglie "I wonder if he has the current version of ICAO Annnex 13 with him??
Oh yes, that was a grave error, trying to out fox Fawcett, who actually had the correct version. That one smart arsed bluff, for me, clearly defined the Beaker character. Game call though; pulling the tail of a man the calibre of Fawcett is not for the feint hearted. But, I reckon it's the Annexe 19 bluff Beaker needs to be watching out for – I hear the FAA/ICAO are calling bollocks on compliance and are not happy campers. Poor old Beaker – needs a reality fix. He provokes the same reaction as the Gillard creature, cringe (or change channels). When MH 370 was in the news - the boss of the AMSA was interviewed and it was a pleasure to see a calm, honest, competent, professional individual doing the best job possible. Then Houston pops up, and again the same thing; integrity and competence writ large. Same again with the two fellah's despatched to the Ukraine, rock solid. It's way beyond my humble skills to sketch a comparison between Beaker to these professionals.

IMO - Between CASA and Beaker people like Ben Cook and Mal Christie have been treated abominably by those with very few qualifications and much less integrity. Any accountant can run the books, hell a qualified book keeper could do it. We have no need of these administrative types to be running critical safety investigations or managing essential organisations. Look at the buggers muddle Pel Air turned out to be if you think they should.

Would a Houston have recovered the Pel Air black box?

Would a Ben Cook have smudged the ledger to make the page add up?

Would either have manipulated facts and ignored evidence?

Would they tell the world about the life vest issues?

Yet it smugly stands there, the Beaker; reappointed and with enough neck to slither in front of a camera at every opportunity and flap his jaw. Perhaps there is a case for military or AMSA intervention if the minuscule can't see where the ATSB is heading. Why persist with Beaker?, why does he stay where no one, bar the co conspirators want him? Why do we keep him, let some one else mind the tea money while all the real, qualified talent and front line investigators have gone to the Ukraine. I'd bet a beer that when they come home, Beaker will be puffing out his chest, capering about the place picking up the kudos crumbs, like a puppy at a BBQ. It's disgusting, truly, really, absolutely disgraceful.

Selah..-.-