PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AMR 587 Airbus Crash (merged)
View Single Post
Old 9th May 2003, 17:28
togaroo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just a few other thoughts,

Is there currently training within your organisation on large aircraft upsets? Perhaps there should be a greater emphasis placed upon upset training considering the increasing congestion of terminal areas and airways - free flight could lead to an altogether interesting situation than there has been in the past.

Unlike the pitch and roll axes, I am unaware of an aircraft that provides protections in the yaw axis. Should this be addressed by all manufacturers?

From Capt F...... "Should we all have been expressly warned of this? Well, my car handbook doesn't spell out for me what would happen if I decide to slam the shift into reverse at max speed, because they don't believe I would want to do that, and it has been the same for the aircraft builders. Of course in a country that tells you your coffee is hot, things may be different."

Lastly and unfortunately in the western world, act of god or 'accident' has disappeared from the dictionary. There must be blame - else no claim, unfortunately to human is to err.

Perhaps we should do as the journalists say and give up flying and travel by rail..........now there is a big can of worms.