PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lake Evella crash findings
View Single Post
Old 9th May 2003, 17:25
Lilsis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LEFT HANDED ROCK THROWER I don’t want you or any other persons to “soften” their responses for the sake of those who may be viewing the site. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I’ve heard all the scenarios before therefore nothing is really going to shock me, so go ahead. I look forward to the “picture” being “presented where all the answers lead to the same conclusion”.
You asked “why didn’t ATSB conduct a million dollar investigation”? Something I’d like to know as well. Why did the ATSB decide not to conduct an investigation only a few hours after the accident happened and before the police had attended the scene or any witnesses interviewed. Who did they speak to? What did they base their decision on? You were obviously very lucky with your own personal dealings with CASA and the ATSB as there is no way I could form the opinion of them that you have. Perhaps if the ATSB had responded to the summons for the Inquest we would have had the opportunity to find out answers to our all questions. Unfortunately as they seemed to go underground and be unavailable for the inquest we were denied this right. I agree with you that I wouldn’t want their job, however they have a job to carry out appropriately. If they dealt with the grieving family sincerely, or perhaps if they even acknowledged their existence, then families would probably see them in a better light.