PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FAA ATP - post your questions here.
View Single Post
Old 25th Jul 2014, 15:24
A Squared

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by raysalmon
An FAA *and* an ICAO license? Since the FAA certificates are ICAO compliant and ICAO doesn't issue licenses, I am assuming you mean you have a license from another country that is also ICAO compliant.
Yeah, that part always cracks me up, when pilots say proudly that they have an *ICAO* license.

Well no, you don't because ICAO doesn't issue licenses. And as far as a country's license being ICAO compliant, well most of them are. I think my PNG ATPL is ICAO compliant.

Which countries' ATPL's are *not* ICAO compliant? The only non-ICAO compliant ATP which comes to mind is an FAA ATP certificate for which flight engineer experience is used to meet the minimum experience requirements , in which case it is issued with the notation printed on it that the “Holder does not meet the pilot in command aeronautical experience requirements of ICAO,” and you can get that notation removed once you acquire sufficient pilot time.

Other than things like that does anyone know of a country whose ATPL is *not* ICAO compliant?