PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Casa and lasik eye surgery
View Single Post
Old 25th Jul 2014, 06:09
Captain Nomad

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks Flopt. I'm blind as a bat without my soft contact lenses (or backup glasses) and have often thought about getting lasered but just haven't had the guts to risk putting my career on the line for the sake of it. I have also put it off hoping medical procedures might advance and offer the possibility of an even better long term result. I have toyed with putting it on the agenda for long service leave. After reading your post it only encourages me to stick to the traditional, non-invasive corrective methods for the foreseeable future and do something more enjoyable on long service leave...!

For those out there who are younger, want to wear the normal sunnies etc. I highly recommend trying out disposable soft contact lenses for short-sightedness. I find I have better peripheral vision compared with glasses also. People used to say that contacts would not be a good idea for the dry pressurised environment, back of the clock night operations etc. It may encourage some that I do all of the above quite successfully with soft contact lenses which I have found to be great. Still wish I had perfect non-corrected vision but I guess the contacts are the next best thing for now...