PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Occcasional WiFi Instability
View Single Post
Old 25th Jul 2014, 02:58
Nervous SLF

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We are having problems with our Broadband disconnecting from both my desktop computer and SWMBO's laptop.

We had this problem with our Belkin and separate modem so on advice from NZ Telecom we bought a new combined
unit from them but we are still having the same problem. As I know virtually nothing about setting this equipment up
we got a professional from a large company to change everything over. My desktop is wired direct into the modem.
We have tried turning either the desktop or laptop off to see if either effects this problem and the result never
alters. It just doesn't work but It doesn't happen at the same time every day and it varies for length of time as well.
Oh yes and having any other electrical equipment on or off makes no difference either.

I told NZ Telecom that we have no problem with the phone and never hear any noise on the line. Upon me telling their
helpdesk lady this she instantly asked me what noise I was hearing so I had to explain that I had said we didn't hear
any noise

She then tested the line and said it was a very good line - we were talking whilst the broadband was down but within
a couple of minutes it worked again and has done so since. They have also said that there were no interruptions showing
up on some of the days we had problems but she has put it on a 12 hour monitor again. This lady from NZ Telecom
then told me that Windows 8.1 is known for having Wi-Fi problems. I got the
impression that she was now trying to blame my wife's 2 month old HP laptop but as we had this problem with her old ACER
using Windows 7 I can't see how.

Any advice would be welcome Thanks.