PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 1977 Bell 212
Thread: 1977 Bell 212
View Single Post
Old 24th Jul 2014, 22:25
John Eacott

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Teton Rotor
Second, while I understand Force Trim-On in flight mode, it makes implicit sense and I did not understand why FC-OFF was in the checklist, I have to ask why do you want some light cyclic friction... doesn't that just make AFCS work harder? Or is the AFCS working "behind" the cyclic?
Light friction is always a matter of choice to suit flying FT off, whatever the machine. The AFCS is doing just as you say, working 'behind' the cyclic to move the jacks. It doesn't move the cyclic.

Third, I understand there is no collective friction in this setup, but in flat pitch to hover the collective movement is "sticky", it is difficult to make a slow smooth pull. Is that normal for this configuration?
No: I'd suggest that either the collective friction is on too tight or the collective control run needs some maintenance. When you say "there is no collective friction in this setup" have you inadvertently forgotten the normal collective friction further down the stick from the twist grips?

Fourth, any scoop or tricks to filling the port aux fuel tank faster than slow gravity feed?
The port aux tank is effectively waiting for the fuel to work its way across from the stbd filler point. Unless you can find a bit of sloping ground to raise the stbd side, or even use the ground handling wheel on the stbd side, it will be a slow fill. Don't forget to open the interconnect