PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VietJet Air "NEW" Improved Terms
View Single Post
Old 24th Jul 2014, 14:10
Jaz and the Fat Man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vietjet lands at wrong airport, not.

This is what really happened and it will give you some insight at to what it's like working in Vietnam, or I should say Vietjet.

When we check in, or I should say, when I used to check in there, we would get, in most cases 4 flight plans for the day. All at the same time. So, we blast off, fly according to the 4 flight plans that we received. What really happened and it's typical of Vietjet management and their highly trained ground staff, is when the crew landed in Hanoi, and they were prepping for their next scheduled leg of the day to Cam Rahn, the ground staff came to the airplane and gave a "new" flight plan to the flight attendant. Of course, she never went into the cockpit and told the flight crew. Soooo, off they went, got the ATC clearance, per the original roster and flight plan. They never had any idea the company change the destination, and neither did ATC apparently. So, when they made the announcement of decent into Cam Rahn, only then did the flight attendant decide to call the cockpit and say they had a new flight plan and it was for Da lat. Right.

So, they grounded the pilots without pay and gave them a spanking. Of course, the Vietnamese staff didn't receive the same.

So, what do you think? The pilots messed up or was it a messed up company?