PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyJet LIS/OPO/AMS
View Single Post
Old 24th Jul 2014, 13:25
zumzum

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
easyJet LIS/OPO/AMS

HI guys,
as I've been contacted by a number of guys regarding the new easyJet bases in Portugal and Holland I would like to give you some facts that might help your decision making:

LIS/OPO (5 A/C - 2 A/C)
You will operate on a full FRV (Flexible roster) with 132 D/O per year.
In facts this translates on mostly 5 Days on, 2 Days Off (sometimes 3). There is no minimum D/O per month. That means, potentially you could work a lot in summer and less in winter. Nowadays easyJet tends to crew bases with the minimum number of pilots. In my experience, I've been working very hard all year around with no chance to commute.

Your sickness will be payed at 30% your basic salary.

You will be locked in base from 3 to 5 years depending on who you are (CPT; F/O Direct Entry or not etc...)

All the figures that easyJet gives you (are all potential numbers- will be taxed at 50% or more -my max has been 54%- between tax and social security)

CPT expect 6K
SFO expect 3.5K
All average.

The reason behind the fact that now they are accepting non TR pilots is because they are seriously struggling to crew the portuguese bases with easyJet pilots (nobody wants to go) and external A320 rated pilots (of those few that apply, a very little number passes the assessment).

Regarding AMS:
Conditions are similar to the money and roster we have in Portugal but I don't have official figures because the base has just been announced.
easyJet expects EZY dutch pilots will be attracted by the opportunity to go back home after years of commuting.
CPT (I've heard) total monthly salary, after taxes, about 6/6.5K.
But is just guesswork...

My take is: at the moment RYR offers better conditions: on same salary figures they offer a 5/4 roster to everyone.