PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Empire Strikes Back! on Colour Defective Pilots
Old 23rd Jul 2014, 21:02
Kharon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not a sport for a gentleman..

Pause for thought – are the only 'letters' that really mean anything here AAT? It's a very strange battle ground and to be avoided if at all humanly possible. There have been some very weird findings made against what should have been 'no-brainers'. Every logical, moral and operational truism mentioned here will not, does not and cannot signify – it's a battle of law; not justice and the opposition are masters of manipulating the AAT rule set. It has been an 'in house' speciality for many, many years and 'they' are very good at it. There are no certainties in an AAT hearing – I won't bore you with details, but I have sat through enough and read many more AAT findings where CASA was involved – and it ain't a pretty picture.

I have no idea how to avoid this conflict – Sen. Fawcett is, for my money, on the right track. The notion of an 'inquiry' rather than a 'hearing' has much merit. I hear a whisper that funding such an event may prove' problematic; despite the fact that it will cost less than the CASA legal bill and produce much more.

If DPM Wuss is serious about reform, perhaps it's a good time for him to put our money where his mouth is – stop this fiasco before irreparable damage is done. This matter is a perfect, mirror image in miniature of what industry has to endure. I do worry the AAT hearing will reflect, as it has done so many times in the past, that CASA is above any law not subservient to their current 'policy'. To retain that control they will happily destroy the aspirations of both industry and the individuals hope for fairness at law; any notion of 'justice' being served an irrelevant side issue. AAT has, on many occasions served to support the CASA claimed omnipotence...Delay is an ally, perhaps a new DAS and PMO will eventually turn up and an appeal for sanity may be heard with 'open ears'.

If the AAT hearing cannot be prevented then the 'legal' team must be of the trained killer variety and be as prepared as the opposition to bypass fair play and not to scruple about getting their hands (or conscience) dirty in a good cause. The Marquis of Queensbury rules do not apply in an AAT refereed street fight.

This pony-pooh Shambollic argument is not so much about CVD but control, power and ego. Brother Creampuff has provided an excellent place to start, but don't forget a very skilled, practiced crew of AAT manipulators are sitting in the other corner awaiting the bell for round 1 and when the seconds are out of the ring they will, from the off, not be sparring but seeking to destroy any challenge to their title; preferably before the bell for end of round 1.

FWIW – if you must fight a man (or city hall) be sure you have as much foreknowledge of the tactics likely to be used; Harvey has his pugmarks over many of the CASA 'victories' and his 'style' is easily assessed. It's all there in transcript – but you must know the strengths and weakness of the opposition, better than you know your own; if you want to win in the AAT arena that is. Oh, and learn to keep an eye on the referee, just in case your toes are stood on – accidental like – as you have a good punch lined up.

Selah.

C_Steve – I'd like to think there'll come a day when all involved can have a few beers together, red football Guernsey's and green hats – (or 'tuher way around no difference). Creampuff shall have his beers as we toast John for his courage, Arthur for all his work and, with a bit of luck, the end of a dark, unenlightened era. We may even invite the new DAS along; if he's a good lad....(or ladette)...

Toot toot -

Last edited by Kharon; 23rd Jul 2014 at 21:22.