PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EASA ATPL Class Rating Question
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jul 2014, 18:49
Twottermann

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Very good feedback and help! Thank you!

Thank you people, very much appreciated!
Just a quick update: Austro Control (who has issued us through the Spanish flight school our EASA licenses) has now informed me that they can do the following:
1. Enter the DHC-6 (land) aeroplane as a seperate type rating but restricted to the national registration of the land of origin of the recent experience and last check ride, which in this case is either Maldives and Canada.

2. They can only enter the DHC typerating on my EASA licence for EU (EASA) registered aircraft if I can present paperwork from a JAR FCL Examiner as having completed a EASA Check ride on the DHC-6 (land) aeroplane.

3. The can not enter a class rating of Multi Engine Turbine Seaplane as EASA only lists the following class ratings for Seaplanes:
-Single Engine Piston (SEP Seaplane)
-Single Engine Turbine (SET Seaplane)
-Multi Engine Piston (MEP Seaplane)

WTF gives with the exclusion of Multi Engine Turbine Seaplanes?? There are Twin Otters on Wipline floats flying in the EU (Croatia and soon to be Greece) and the twin engine Dornier Seastar aircraft... How on Earth doe EASA propose to license pilots in the EASA (EU) regulations as both aircraft types are turbine powered??
If anybody in the know could help shed some light on this, it would be most welcome!
As well, I was under the impression that if you present a valid foreign ATPL that has a DHC-6 Type Rating that is current and valid that EASA would enter this new type directly into the EASA license? I had another typerating that I oiginally completed on my EASA ATPL (ATR 42/72) and the Canadian licensing authorities directly transfered the rating to my Canadian ATPL... so, why does Austro Control tell me that I need another check ride on the DHC-6 with a JAR FCL Examiner??
Help!! this is starting to get confusing!!
I should have just went and flew the Caravan in Australia rather than try to get something entered on to my EASA License!!
Any help appreciated!
Thanks!!!