PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SAA's new recruitment agenda!!!
View Single Post
Old 9th May 2003, 07:09
concordino

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

I think this recent decision to apply affirmative action is reasonable provided SAA recruits direct entry pilots (white) from the private pilot training sector.
Think about it, most white candidates either have higher financial ranking or hold privileges to live overseas and to work there in many cases plus their educational backgrounds are usually more advanced due to their environment.
I speak from real life experience with SAA 6 and 7 courses in at BAE in Adelaide.
I think it is time to catch up with people who haven’t had a chance in the past and ideally the company’s racial distribution should be representative of the nations composition.
As for the previously disadvantaged pilots not being sure about their merit, just rest assured GT that they didn’t get to where they are until they met all the requirements and the standards.
I remember that when the cadet recruitment officer visited the courses in Adelaide, there were always cadets terminated and guess their backgrounds.
I know for sure that the guys that went through worked hard for what they are now.
Few thoughts