PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AMR 587 Airbus Crash (merged)
View Single Post
Old 9th May 2003, 06:25
simon brown

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As a mere laymen and PPL I read the responses with interest. The program seems somewhat sensationalist to me,If you and other flyers of other aircraft are aware of this, the program made no attempts as implying its generally known that "rudders are merely foot rests for the majority of the flight" The program gives a somewhat unbalanced view. Perhaps a few interviews with pilots from other airlines flying all sorts of aircraft having the same views would have balanced up the program somewhat.

Perhaps if such program makers were aware of this site they could get some more INFORMED opinion as to the facts from avaitors across the board, and produce a less sensationalist piece that appeared somewhat black and white. To members of the public this program must be somewhat alarming without the full facts..

Fundi Ya Ndege are you saying that designers of aircraft fail to build in factors to cater for the situation where a pilot "wrestles" for control requiring full multiple control inputs in order to restore balanced flight in say a windshear/wake turbulance situation? As an engineer that to me seems somewhat odd