PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EC155 incident, SNS, 6 Nov 2013
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jul 2014, 08:28
HeliComparator

Received 39 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by pilot and apprentice
I think you are coming around to very much what I was saying a few pages ago. Each of us is responsible for our own professionalism.

I don't think I ever disagreed with you, but I would just say that there are 2 sides to it - yes each of us is responsible for our own professionalism, but also the information must be "out there" for us to absorb, something that has not been the case up to now, and with a good company culture to support it all.

Originally Posted by pilot and apprentice
As for all the discussion about trim releases: I would say understand what you are doing, why you chose to do/use what you did, and act accordingly.

Personally I just fly against the trim in pitch (contrary to what you were suggesting HC) to contain the speed. I am aware enough to know that if I release the cyclic it will jump so I gently allow it move back to trimmed position when appropriate. I'm also aware that pressing the release will reset the datums for the AP, which is why I chose not to.

And there are other ways to deal with it, and it is situation dependant. Of course.
Certainly the correct procedure will be type dependant, and situation dependant. I am not against flying against the trims in the sort of situation you refer to (although I would have thought it better not to arrive at that situation in the first place!). It can be appropriate to fly against the trims in the 225 in some circumstances, but definintely not during some dynamic (IAS-changing) manoeuvre whereby the cyclic will no longer be in the right place when released to trimmed position.