PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Getting Insured with Crash on Record
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jul 2014, 23:03
DwayneSmithUSMC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Getting Insured with Crash on Record

In January of this year (2014) I was involved in an off runway incursion during a landing. There was no damage to me and I wasn't carrying any passengers (thank goodness) but there was damage to the plane. Like any new pilot I put my tail between my legs and sulked for about a month or so over my failure.

After that I decided that I wasn't going to let the accident keep me down, so after about 10 hours of remedial instruction (not required but I thought it would be good to get it done) I started flying solo again.

Fast forward a few months I've been flying ever since (I've recently been deployed so my flying has taken a break). Now I am trying to purchase a plane to cut down on the cost of my instrument rating (plus I wanted to have my own plane anyway) but I am having trouble finding an insurance company that will insure me. Does anyone here know of an insurance company that will insure a relatively low time pilot with a recent crash on record?

PLEASE HELP! I found a plane that's an amazing deal and I need to be insured. The plane is high performance, but not turbo or anything. I really need to get insured and I don't plan to do any solo flying at least until my instrument rating is done and price is not a factor.