PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MERGED: Alan's still not happy......
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jul 2014, 20:48
Captain Gidday

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
And these documents passed on to me 21.07.2014 from GE and Credit Suisse

Quote:
Doc 1; Message from Gareth Evans - Update on levelling the playing field (21/07/2014)

For some time we have been calling for the playing field in Australian aviation to be levelled. The Qantas Sale Act places restrictions on us that don’t apply to our competitors or any other Australian business.

With your help, this imbalance has been widely acknowledged over the past six months. Last week, the amended legislation removing the 25 and 35 per cent foreign ownership limits in the Qantas Sale Act was passed.
You accidentally left a fact out there Tim, I think, which would change the meaning. The document started as a letter to staff, although you might have received it from elsewhere. I received this letter myself in my company inbox.

Therefore Mr Evans is thanking the staff[generically] and possibly others, for their help.

I'm sure you weren't implying that he was thanking GE and Credit Suisse themselves for taking part, but without specifying to whom the letter was addressed, one might come to that conclusion.

Anyway, back to the show.......