PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Understanding aircraft ownership
View Single Post
Old 9th May 2003, 03:20
GroundBound

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Monocock
Don't worry, I shall not be put off I've seen previous threads on ownership costs, plus the dreaded unexpected arm-and-a-leg engine replacement. Its obvious to me that cost of ownership for only a handful of hours per year is far more than the cost of club flying, and that group flying seems to be the answer.

Chaps, as I said, club flying is not working - aircraft availability is not great, and the state of the aircraft "could be better" (- the PC way of putting it), try to find a POH on any of the aircraft for instance!

I'm trying to find a way where, even if I pay an equivalent cost per hour as club flying, the aircraft availability is better, and so is the state of the machine. Even a slight increase in cost per hour would not be an unreasonable burden if its a way of getting the other 2 benefits.

My problem comes from the fact that there seems to be no shared ownership here, and that I have no personal experience of ownership, what the legal requirements are or what the costs are - that's what I'm hoping to find out

A tentative probe within my immediate working environment has already revealed 2 others who could/would/might be interested. Trouble is, nobody has any idea what the cost is, and everyone assumes its too expensive. If the figures can be worked out and I can persuade another couple to join then maybe there's a chance. So I'm trying to find out "what requirements/figures are involved?"

Looking forward to some more input.