PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - indian and arab passengers !!
View Single Post
Old 9th May 2003, 02:26
BahrainLad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Speaking as an unashamed WASP (an SLF one) I have come across lots of negativity towards Indian and Arab passengers, especially in the Middle East.

If you're travelling Europe-MidEast-Subcon and you don't speak English or Arabic, you'll have some difficulty with your transfer. No airport signs in Hindi for example. If I wanted to do a transfer after an 8 hour flight in a strange airport at 3 am and there were no airport signs in English, I'd probably be pretty upset/demanding as well!

I've heard of Gulf Air flights from the Gulf to India and everyone moans about how trashy the aircraft are, how people sit anywhere, how the toilets are always overflowing into the aisles etc - and that this is somehow a fault of the passengers! Bollocks. It's the airline's fault, people - for not maintaining the cabin, for not enforcing seat assignments (if your seat number is written in a different script to your language, how wouuld you find your seat!?) and for not performing mx on the loos.

Look at what GF are doing now - all economy 767s (which are already extremely tatty inside) to India.....cram em in, no service, airborne buses, "the Indians are used to it".

Horrible attitude.