PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Enstrom Corner
Thread: Enstrom Corner
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jul 2014, 00:38
lvflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Finding it isn't the problem, it's the time it takes to get it sent here. This has already been apart going on a month and the primer is holding me up now. I think I am just going to use Rustoleum self etching primer found at local auto parts store and WalMart. Gray is good color for inner panels anyway and the reviews on long term corrosion protection are good on this. Besides I think for other than large commercial shops zinc chromate has been replaced with zinc phosphate, which this primer is. Either way it is better than how it is. The existing coating is coming off on the inner panels and the primer on the support tubes didn't do much to stop corrosion there. I might use Dupli-color self etch green on the tubes. Not aluminum anyway. Always interested in experience and opinions though. As to my rotors I will wait for the good stuff. Plan is for PTI acid wash primer followed by PTI Epoxy primer then topped with PTI Polyurethane. Semi gloss Dakota black on leading edge and underneath and Gloss Madrid Red on tips. Suppose to be a super hard and tough coating.