PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATS Lose Gatwick Contract (Split thread)
Old 21st Jul 2014, 19:18
Nimmer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2 sheds disagree, Lady ATCO is spot on. DFS need the controllers, Gatwick guys and girls it is time to stand together and negotiate your T's and C's as one.

DFS may indeed recruit controllers to work at Gatwick, as you say 2 sheds, but these controllers still need to be trained by the controllers whose job they are taking. I personally wouldn't be trying too hard to train this controller, unless of course there is a cash incentive!!!

I would see this as good opportunity to make a very high salary, with a few bonuses, including extra cash for UCE, OJTI, cash for trainees who validate. Etc

The words HOW MUCH, need to the big part of a Gatwick controllers phraseology, plus the words, NO, and oh yes, sorry we are not turning up for work tomorrow, unless you do as we say!!!

It's a fight, you need to have guts and big balls and everybody needs to stand together as one. Probably best to form your own union.

Of course this last statement is where it will collapse, the will always be one or two who are selfish and weak.

Good luck, a part of me would love to be there stirring it up.