PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EASA ATPL Class Rating Question
View Single Post
Old 21st Jul 2014, 14:53
Twottermann

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EASA ATPL Class Rating Question

Hello, my first post here as I was directed to ask my complicated question here. I hold several licences, first one is a Canadian ATPL with a seaplane endorsement and a DHC-6 PPC. I also have a Maldivian ATPL validation with a current DHC-6 Seaplane rating. I have recently completed the EASA ATPL exams and received my Austro Control issued EASA ATPL with ATR-42/72 rating. What I want to know is how do I transfer my Multi Engine Turbine Seaplane (DHC-6) Rating from my Canadian ATPL and Maldivian ATPL Validation to my fresh EASA ATPL. The Spanish flight school I did the exams at has told me to contact Austro Control, but I don't speak German and they don't seem to helpful. I might have to travel to Austria to show my logbooks and Licences (endorsements etc) to them to try to convince them to enter my DHC-6 Multi Engine Turbine Seaplane rating, but I would like to hear from any experts out there or people who have done this sort of thing before - before I spend money to go see the Austro Control in Vienna!
Can anybody offer any constructive help or advice?
Thanks for taking the time to read my thread!
Twottermann