PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Southern Aviation Services ltd
View Single Post
Old 21st Jul 2014, 09:08
go.around

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Romeo.a320 my friend who is also A320 rated told me about these guys as he was thinking about going with them.

He spoke to one of the guys and he quoted him $120,000 for type rating and line training. He did state he held a current A320 rating and then the price reduced to $90,000 to be paid on start of line training.

The offer made to him was 500 hrs line training and a 5yr contract with an airline in the far east. He showed me a pay scale during the 5yrs and I calculated that over 5yrs he would barely make the $90,000 and maybe have $1000 in the bank to show for 5yrs work all this is before living expenses and other expenses that you will incur.

I understand the frustrations of wanting to get on the ladder and I am in the same boat and gained my license 4 yrs ago with zero luck. However during these desperate times we should be all standing up and saying no and forcing these criminal agents going under. They prey on the desperate and take full advantage.

I would suggest you think carefully about applying or even making any payment unless the bank of dad and mum are funding this.

Good luck what ever you decide and hopefully you realise that by signing up with the agents you are preventing airlines from taking recruits directly via their own schemes.

During desperate times the biggest mistakes are made.