PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fluffy-huggy gone crazy
View Single Post
Old 21st Jul 2014, 06:27
Al R

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We can have freedom from tyranny and decent quality of life, surely? Getting the balance right is the trick. I don't imagine that national security would ever be compromised because someone's need to have a barbie somewhere in solitude is solely deemed more important.

But likewise, I don't think that it's unreasonable to consult thoughtfully, with those who are paying for the service. Info: Community comments invited for F-35A Environmental Impact Statement : Department of Defence

Me, I like the sound of jets but that's because I've been around them for 30 years or so. If I hadn't, if I had moved to a sleepy retirement area in the reasonable expectation that I was going to fade away into a quiet gin induced tupor, and if the noisiest jets in existence simply moved in and hovered in the circuit all day, and didn't give a damn about the impact on their adopted community, I'd probably be a bit miffed too.

Give and take works, on both sides. Maybe it's age catching up with me! Currently sat in garden with a coffee. Surrounded by birdsong and the distant rumble of an F-15 to the east. Perfect.